1864 Blog (Journal Entry)

November 10, 1864
Captain Charles C. Ward

We are preparing for war. I hope I will make it, for the empty pit in my stomach will not go away. That old Sherman is making us starve to death, I really regret re-enlisting. Tomorrow we must wake up at the crack of down and march to Atlanta, Georgia. Our plan is to burn, kill, or eat anything we come across, stopping at nothing to get food. Sherman has also refused to let us bring any of our weapons, encouraging us to steal or even kill for them. If our plan works, we will try and march all the way to the sea just to "Make Georgia Howl". Ha! Could you imagine that! Well I better get some rest to prepare for tomorrow.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A letter to my family (Sebastian Warren)

Letter Home Stephen Taylor (Sebastian W)